“The dog who wanted more” is a book for children by Sowmya Rajendran. It is the first of the Rulebreakers’ club series. It is a story about five children without a dog. The five children are:
Three boys :
Jagannathan : He always had failures in the past. He says he is a brawn, not a brain.
Rishi : He is a nerd who saves up question papers for ‘future reference’. He cannot work without planning on an Excel sheet.
Tejas : His dream is to be on camera someday .
Two girls :
Monica : She is an Angry Young Woman who flares up for many things.
Keerti : She wants to become a wrestler. So she has three boiled eggs everyday.
All of them are thirteen years old.
Spike : He is a little pug.
None of the children’s parents allow them to keep dogs. So they decide to make a club called Rulebreakers’ Club in which they will break all the rules set by their parents. As a first step, they decide to kidnap a dog. But owning a dog is not easy. Later they get caught with problems and so they decide to return the dog. And the story goes.
+ + +
- There are idilys and vadais instead of bread and cheese.
- It is a different kind of adventure. They do not discover treasures and gold. They kidnap and maintain a dog.
- I liked the club’s name -Rulebreakers’ Club.
- I liked the ilustrations of the book by Arun Kumar Kaushik.
– – –
- It is not as exciting as Enid Blyton adventure series for me.
! ! !
- All the five adventurous children are kidnapped from their school.
- Rishi’s almost-deaf grandmother thinks that the dog is her dead husband.
- The amount of food that the dog eats – Seven packets of biscuits.
I liked this book . I suggest this fictional adventure book to all my friends.
|Title||The dog who wanted more
|Editor(s)/Author(s)/Illustrator(s)/Translator(s)||Arun Kumar Kaushik, Sowmya Rajendran|